Free online CBT resources
- Moodjuice: They offer fantastic free worksheets on a range of mental health problems including this one on anxiety.
- Living Life to the Full: Free online life skills course for people feeling distressed and their carers. Helps you understand why you feel as you do and make changes in your thinking, activities, sleep and relationships.
- CCBT: (previously known as FearFighter) offer on-line modules on a wide range of mental health problems and healthy lifestyles. Free access can only be prescribed by your doctor in certain areas only of in England and Wales.
Other useful CBT resources
- MoodGYM: Information, quizzes, games and skills training to help prevent depression. Cost AS$39 per year.
- Beating the Blues around £50 for an 8 module self-help course. Some areas have this funded for free.
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
Self-help books using CBT
The ‘Overcoming’ series, Constable and Robinson. These are a series of self-help books which use the theories and concepts of CBT to help people overcome many common problems. Titles include: overcoming social anxiety and shyness, overcoming depression and overcoming low self-esteem.
Reading Well Books on Prescription helps you manage your well-being using self-help reading. The scheme is endorsed by health professionals, including the Royal College of Psychiatrists, and is supported by public libraries.
If you know of any useful resources on this topic, please do comment below or contact me here.